Cox Media Group Digital is a Python shop, and we’re building one of the largest Django apps ever – scaled to serve web, mobile, and more for 100+ prominent newspaper, TV and radio sites. You will do automation testing, manual testing, debugging, and implement mission critical applications and features.
We’ve got the mentality of an independent startup along with the backing of an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company with revenues exceeding $1.5 billion. We are building a collaborative culture, and expect you to contribute your knowledge and expertise to the product development process from start to finish. We do what it takes to produce a superior product and we have a lot of fun getting that job done.
Here are some of the things we hope you’re looking for:
- An agile, fun-loving team environment
- A place where geeks can be themselves and learning abounds
Here are some of the things we’re looking for:
- web testing experience across different browsers and platforms
- mobile testing a plus
- content management system a plus
- A perfectionist who’s comfortable with deadlines
- A good communicator, student and teacher
- manual tester, but automation (Selenium or Fitnesse ) a plus
- someone who comfortable with a less structured environment and adaptable to change
- someone who does not need a lot of direction, a self-starter
- someone who has used debugging tools such as firebug or chrome’s development tools
Our company culture:
- Work passionately and positively
- Find a way to say yes.
- Be a utility player.
- Take ownership.
- Seek ideas from all directions.
- Keep it simple to keep it fast.
- Celebrate successes and learn from mistakes.
- Favor measurements over guesses.
- Move forward.
- Serve our customers’ needs.
See more detail of our company culture here: Our team’s culture and ethos
Want to apply?
If interested, please email david (dot) slipakoff (at) coxinc.com