Web Developer (Anywhere)
We’ve got the backing of an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company with revenues exceeding $1.5 billion. We’ve got a collaborative culture, and expect you to contribute your knowledge and expertise to the product development process from start to finish. We do what it takes to produce a superior product and we have a lot of fun doing it.
Here are some of the things we hope you’re looking for:
- An agile, fun-loving team environment (office pranks are common)
- A group committed to open source software and culture
- A chance to work on 20% projects full time while in our Innovations Lab (lab coat included)
- A place where geeks can be themselves and learning abounds (we’ve had seminars on subjects ranging from HTML5 video to wilderness medicine to baseball)
Here are some of the things we’re looking for:
- Someone who doesn’t believe a feature is fully shipped until it’s fast and reliable
- A good communicator, teacher and student
- Someone who’s contributed to an open source project (be it code, documentation, advocacy, etc.)
- A perfectionist who tempers it with deadlines (see use of Django)
- Someone for whom REST means more than a hammock
- A test driven developer
- Someone who learns new programming languages (or text editors) for fun
- Python experience
- Passionate about web standards, usability, human-computer interaction, and information architecture
- Experience with modern UI development including: HTML5, CSS3, responsive design, node.js, Mustache templates, etc.
Our company culture:
- Work passionately and positively
- Find a way to say yes.
- Be a utility player.
- Take ownership.
- Seek ideas from all directions.
- Keep it simple to keep it fast.
- Celebrate successes and learn from mistakes.
- Favor measurements over guesses.
- Move forward.
- Serve our customers’ needs.
See more detail of our company culture here: Our team’s culture and ethos
Want to apply?
Send your résumé and to chris (dot) heisel (at) coxinc (dot) com